Expert Evaluation and Treatment of Skin Cancer
When it comes to the health of your skin, you can’t take any chances. The Bowman Institute of Dermatologic Surgery offers expert evaluation and treatment of skin cancer so that you can embrace a long and healthy life.
Most Common Types of Skin Cancer
Skin cancer develops in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors on the surface of the skin. Some cancers are subtle and difficult to detect. Others become obvious and increasingly dangerous over time.
During every skin evaluation, Dr. Bowman and his team thoroughly assess your skin to check for every type of skin cancer, including:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC): This is the most common type of cancer, especially in people with fair skin. It develops into pink patches of skin or flesh-colored round growths or bumps that resemble a pearl. Frequent sun exposure is the main cause of basal cell carcinoma, meaning this type of cancer develops most frequently on the head, neck, and arms.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC): This is the second most common type of cancer. Again, people with light skin are more susceptible to SCC. Dr. Bowman may find signs of squamous cell carcinoma as firm, red, bumpy, or scaly sores on the skin.
- Melanoma: Melanoma is the most serious skin cancer because it frequently spreads into the bloodstream, lymph nodes, or other areas of the body.
How We Evaluate Your Skin
It’s important to check yourself at home regularly for signs of skin cancer, but nothing can replace the professional evaluation of a trained specialist like Dr. Bowman.
Signs of emerging skin cancer may include the following:
- Moles with irregular borders
- Moles that bleed easily
- Shiny pink, red, or white bumps on the skin
- Sores that don’t heal within two weeks
- Painful moles or other skin marks
- Changes to an existing mole
Signs of skin cancer can develop anywhere, not just on your arms, back, and neck. That’s why skin cancer screenings are recommended annually. If you have family history or have been treated for previous cancerous or precancerous lesions in the past, you may need to be seen more often. It’s not something that you should put off.
When you trust Dr. Paul Bowman and his team at The Bowman Institute to screen your skin for cancer, you benefit from the highest levels of attention to detail and precision. We check for signs of skin cancer everywhere, even between your fingers and on the soles of your feet!
Treating Your Skin Cancer at the Bowman Institute
The team at the Bowman Center for Dermatologic Surgery is committed to superior performance and results. When you visit the Bowman Center for your evaluation and skin cancer treatment, you’ll experience attentive, one-on-one care in our state-of-the-art facility.
Ready to schedule a consultation? Give us a call at (813) 977-2040 or fill out our form here, and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly.